From fundamentals to advanced productivity techniques, you'll learn it all with this Photoshop CC for the Web training course! With so many file formats, color spaces, and image types, knowing where to start with web graphics can be daunting. But guided by this thorough, yet easy to follow course, you'll be feeling like a pro in no time!
Length: 6 hrs
This title is available in the
Total Training All-Access library.
In this Photoshop CC for the Web course, join award-winning trainer Geoff Blake as he takes you step-by-step through the process of preparing images for your next web project.
You’ll learn all about the web friendly file formats, when to use each, and how to get the most out of them. Discover web color spaces, methods for working faster and more efficiently, and an approach to image resolution that’ll leave you feeling like a Zen Master of web graphics!
Break down the barriers, dispel the myths, and clear the clutter. In just a few short hours, you’ll have clarity and confidence using Photoshop for your web projects!
Photoshop CC for the Web
1. Getting Started Understanding Raster And Vector (3:42) Setting Up Photoshop For The Web (9:40) Common Photoshop Productivity Techniques (9:28) Understanding Color Spaces (6:55)
2. Preparing Your Images For The Web Understanding The Image Size Dialog Box (9:50) Why Resolution Doesn’t Matter On The Web (15:41) Techniques For Resizing Images (11:23) Web Graphics Roundup (7:39) Saving Images As A GIF (8:18) Saving A Transparent GIF (3:13) Saving Images As JPEGs (5:33) Saving Images As PNGs (4:00) Saving Images In The SVG Format (6:04)
3. A Closer Look At Image Optimization Touring Through The Save For Web Dialog Box (7:49) Optimizing Images As GIFs (7:00) Creating Animated GIFs (6:24) Optimizing Images As JPEGs (4:39) Saving As Both PNG-8 And PNG (3:23) Creating Alpha Transparency With PNGs (3:37) A Final Note On Image Optimization (1:33) Preparing Images For Retina Displays (4:43) Saving An Optimization Preset (3:39) Creating A Droplet (7:00) Batch Processing A Large Number Of Images (2:48) Using Photoshop’s Image Processor Command (2:58)
4. Photoshop Web Styling Techniques Creating Web Buttons (10:39) Building A Website Header (10:40) Building A Navigation Menu (8:41)
5. Using The Photoshop Asset Generator Introducing The Asset Generator (8:03) Going Further With The Asset Generator (7:46) Final Notes When Using Generator (2:21)
Geoff Blake is an award-winning instructor with nearly 20 years of experience creating online video courses. His goal is to help people gain serious web skills, helping them to expand their business, develop their projects, and yeah – make more money!
Geoff is a published author, having written ‘Ten Ton Dreamweaver’ with Peachpit Press. He also held a professorship at Seneca college, and ran graphics workshops at George Brown and Humber colleges in Toronto.