This expansive Learn Python Django From Scratch course will take you from beginner level right up to having a thorough working knowledge of Django. You’ll create your own website from scratch using Django and featuring an authentication system, E-Commerce with PayPal and Stripe, Geolocation and map integration and web services. In every section, you’ll take a quiz as well – putting your new knowledge to practice so that your skills stay with you when you’re done.
You’ll start by getting to grips with the absolute basics of what Django can do. These sections are slower and more thorough than others so that you gain a solid foundation. After that, you’ll begin to build your site, adding a new element with each section of the course. By the end of the course, you’ll have fleshed out a fully functional web storefront that’s capable of taking orders, processing payments and receiving and displaying input from the user. You’ll be surprised at how rapidly you can build complex functionality – that’s the true beauty of Django!
- Open a World of Possibilities with Django for Web
- Create a website from scratch using Django
- Learn Django from beginner through to fully functional levels
- Build authentication systems, map integration, web services and more
- Test and de-bug your site
- Create web applications to solve a multitude of problems and needs
- Create Django API, Django E-commerce, and More
This course was created with intermediate Python users in mind, who want to move their expertise onto the web. If you’re a beginner developer, you may find this course a little too far beyond your grasp unless you already have experience with another language, or have a working knowledge of Python and programming concepts.
Django:Django creates web applications, specifically software normally backed by a database that includes some kind of interactivity and operates through a browser. It eases the creation of complex database-driven websites with its framework.
Python:Python is one of the most widely used, general purpose programming languages in the world. It emphasises simplicity and readability, and has almost endless uses in all areas from GUI programing to web programming and everything in between.
Git:Git is a free and open source version control system, designed to handle both small and large projects with speed and data integrity. It will record changes you make as you build your website so that if you need to recall and earlier version, you can do so easily.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is ideal for those who have moderate Python development experience
- Django’s specific strength is a “batteries-included” approach, acting as wrapper around a database with a user-driven focus, so this assumes you’re looking to develop in that direction
- It is NOT for those who have no experience with Python – the learning curve is likely too steep
- Similarly, it isn’t for beginning developers. If you have experience in another language, knowing general programming concepts may help, but overall it leans on Python too heavily to be an effective teaching tool without the basics