This Illustrator CC 2018 Essentials course is aimed at people new to Illustrator and design in general. We’ll start right at the beginning, working our way through step-by-step. We’ll start with the techniques you’ll need to create just about everything in Illustrator – including icons, logos, postcards, and hand-drawn illustrations. We’ll explore lines and brushes. You’ll master how to use and manipulate type. I’ll show you the clever secrets Illustrator has, which will help you to discover and use beautiful color like a pro.
You’ll learn how to push, pull, cut, and repeat artwork. You’ll learn how to redraw real-world examples of famous logos. We’ll cover the essentials like correct saving and exporting, and so much more. If you’ve never opened Illustrator before, or you’ve opened it and struggled, come with me, I’ll show you the easy way to make beautiful artwork.
What are the requirements?
You will need a copy of Adobe Illustrator 2018 or above. A free trial of the software can be downloaded from Adobe.com.
What am I going to get from this course?
- 39 lectures 5+ hours of well structured content.
- Drawing with Shapes & Lines
- Drawing with the Shape Builder
- Creating a custom logo
- Working with Brushes
- Drawing with the pen, pencil & curvature tool
- Learn how to work with type & fonts.
- How to mask images & graphics.
- How to distort, bend, warp & liquify illustrations.
- How to make your own repeating wallpaper patterns.
- How to create stencil style images from real drawings.
- How to use free Illustrator templates.
- How to save, print & export for Print, web & social media.
- Lots of real world exercises for you to practice.
- Loads or class projects for you to complete.
- Printable PDF Cheat sheet.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files.
- Techniques used by professional graphic designers.
- Professional workflows and shortcuts.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your accelerate your career.
What is the target audience?
- No previous Adobe Illustrator experience is necessary.
- This course is for people completely new to Illustrator. No previous design, drawing or illustration experience is necessary.
- This is a relaxed, well paced introduction that will enable you to produce a large range of drawing, illustration and logo work. Only basic computing skills are necessary. If you can send emails and surf the internet, then you will cope well with this course.
When you’re done with this course, be sure to check out Illustrator CC 2018 Advanced!