Total Run Time: 10 hrs
Become a pro with ActionScript by watching interactive, work-along lessons that walk you through the necessary steps of using the built-in classes, new objects, or making your own custom classes and components.
- Learn how to use event handlers to associate ActionScript code with a particular object and event. For example, when a user clicks a button on the Stage, you might advance the playhead to the next frame.
- Discover how to use Custom Classes to create a small application in Flash. Your classes compile into the SWF file when you publish the document, allowing everything to work together.
- Use the Custom Component Live Preview in the authoring environment to see what a component will look like when it is active in the presentation.
- Understand how to collect data about color transformations and coordinate transformations with Transform Class.
- Dive into one of the most significant additions to Flash Player 8, bitmap caching. This feature gives you the power to greatly increase the speed at which large amounts of objects are updated and drawn onto the Stage by the renderer.
This title is available in the
Total Training All-Access library.