Total Run Time: 8.35 hrs
Explore new territories in the land of data handling and user interface (UI) design with ActionScript 3 language in Flash CS3. With John Ulliman as your guide, this video series provides plenty of hands-on experience as you learn how to design a typical shopping application, handle external graphic data, and learn how to draw and manipulate graphs and display text data.
- Learn how a typical user interface (UI) device is built and used and understand what goes into the new AS3 component set.
- Understand XML files and how to create and use them with all kinds of Flash applications.
- Create a shopping application using all external data files, and create all the UI controls for browsing through items, displaying information, and cart management.
- Discover how to plot data – whether its GPS coordinates from a simple text file to stock or RSS data from a structured XML document.
- Customize your interface elements to match whatever look and feel you need in your application, whether you are building your own devices or using the new built in components.
This title is available in the
Total Training All-Access library.