Most of the tools of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are easy to learn and understand, but there is one major exception: the Pen tool. In this course you'll become a Vector Master by following along and practicing the many exercises presented. You'll be amazed at your new skills and abilities using this comprehensive and versatile tool.
More of what you will learn from this course:
Five Lessons Learned:
1) You can draw horizontal or vertical straight lines with the Pen tool if you hold down Shift while creating anchor points.
2) You can combine paths into one Vector Mask in Photoshop and also choose how these paths should interact with each other.
3) The Smooth tool and the Simplify feature can greatly improve the quality of your paths in Illustrator.
4) You can align text along a path and you can also control where you want it to start and end.
5) There are several ways to draw symmetrical shapes with the Pen Tool in Illustrator, but probably the most effective is to use a guide for the center of symmetry and then duplicate and reflect half of the shape with the Reflect tool. Make sure to hold down Alt and Shift together while dragging the first half onto the other side.
This title is available in the
Total Training All-Access library.