With this Dreamweaver CS6 – Building Websites course, you will build a fully-functioning website from scratch while getting to know Adobe Dreamweaver CS6! Learn to integrate with Photoshop and other Adobe apps to achieve professional-looking results. Follow along step-by-step by working with the project files that are included with this course!
Length: 7 hrs
This title is available in the
Total Training All-Access library.
In this Dreamweaver CS6 – Building Websites course, you will start off by touring the interface, creating a new document, and organizing your files. Then jump in to building a web layout from scratch by adding a main menu, content areas, and containers. Next you will insert text, graphics, and work with CSS. Finish off by testing and making your site live.
Building Websites with Dreamweaver CS6
1. Welcome to Building Websites with Dreamweaver CS6! Welcome to Dreamweaver CS6 (1:10) A Look At What We’ll Build (1:49)
2. Let’s Get Started with Dreamweaver A Look At What We’ll Build (5:14) Creating New Documents (6:40) View Options in Dreamweaver (5:34) Touring the Dreamweaver Interface (6:53) Customizing the Interface (5:09) Exploring Dreamweaver Workspaces (4:29) Creating A Custom Workspace (5:10) Using the Tag Selector (3:03)
3. Working with Websites & Browsers Defining a New Site (5:32) Getting Organized in the Files Panel (5:38) Saving Files Into Your Local Site (3:16) Understanding Index Files (3:52) Previewing Your Work in A Web Browser (6:43)
4. Building A Web Layout From Scratch Getting the Layout Started, Part 1 (7:36) Getting the Layout Started, Part 2 (3:01) Understanding How the Layout Works (7:16) Inserting the Main Menu (4:00) Creating the Main Content Area (4:47) Hand Coding Layout Containers (6:40) A More Economical Approach To Layout (10:24) Using Float And Clear (8:32) Previewing the Layout And Centering (12:16) Nesting Layout Objects (8:57) Spacing Apart the Layout (8:42) Final Touches (8:05)
5. Text, CSS, Menus & More! Inserting Text Into the Layout (4:51) Adjusting the Layout For Text, Part 1 (7:57) Adjusting the Layout For Text, Part 2 (5:43) Inserting Structural Headings (4:48) Redefining HTML’s Top-Level Heading with CSS (9:05) Touring the CSS Rule Definition Dialog Box (8:14) Redefining Headings and Paragraphs (6:06) Working More Efficiently with CSS (4:44) Creating A CSS Class Rule (5:05) Alternative Ways of Working with Class Rules (4:52) Inserting and Formatting Lists (4:19) Using A List to Build A Menu, Part 1 (3:59) Using A List to Build A Menu, Part 2 (7:46)
6. And Now, Inserting Graphics! Inserting an Image (5:45) Resizing Images with Dreamweaver and Photoshop (8:06) Controlling Graphics with CSS (7:37) Setting a Graphical Background (5:03) Inserting the FeatureBox Images (8:41) Setting Up the FeatureBox Titles (8:27) Inserting the Layout’s Logo from Illustrator (7:28)
7. Going Further with CSS: Using External Style Sheets Understanding Style Sheet Types (8:06) Organizing Your Style Sheet (3:03) Moving Styles to An External Style Sheet (6:02) Working with an External Style Sheet (6:07) Creating New Rules Externally (3:17)
8. Site Rollout: From A Single Page To A Multi-Page Site Getting Ready for Site Rollout (3:31) Creating Dummy Site Pages (3:14) Setting Up the Internal Hyperlink Structure (3:13) Creating The Site’s Pages (3:50) Previewing And Testing The Site (2:53) A Final Thought on Site Rollout (3:17)
9. Inserting Additional Page Elements Adjusting the Site’s Hyperlink Formatting (6:32) Inserting A Simple Slideshow (7:38) Inserting and Formatting Tables (9:38) Inserting A Google Map (5:53) Formatting A Customer Testimonial Page (4:54) Setting Up A Contact Us Page (5:53) Finalizing the Site (9:18)
10. Going Live: Uploading the Completed Site Setting the Remote Site Info (5:35) Uploading the Local Site to the Remote Server (1:36) Testing the Live Site (1:48) Making Edits and Updating the Live Site (5:02) Testing And Debugging For Other Browsers (7:30)
11. Now Go Forth & Create! Where To Go From Here (0:41)
Geoff Blake is an award-winning instructor with nearly 20 years of experience creating online video courses. His goal is to help people gain serious web skills, helping them to expand their business, develop their projects, and yeah – make more money!
Geoff is a published author, having written ‘Ten Ton Dreamweaver’ with Peachpit Press. He also held a professorship at Seneca college, and ran graphics workshops at George Brown, and Humber colleges in Toronto.