- Learn How to best navigate from the Selection tool to the Type tool.
- Find out how to build and apply nested styles.
- Discover how to build and maintain a Library.
- Learn how to access a Photoshop Path.
- See how to use Libraries to store layouts in InDesign.
Total Run Time: 7 hrs With Total Training for Adobe InDesign CS4: Advanced, you'll learn all the tricks the professionals know that can save you hours of time in production. After watching this training, you will understand how to build advanced Paragraph Styles that include both Nested and Next styles, and so much more. Highlights
Total Run Time: 6.5 hrs Get an introduction to Adobe InDesign CS4 with this essential training that introduces you to the basics tools, skills and techniques required to create professionally styled text, layouts and graphics that deliver a powerful impact. Highlights
- Discover how InDesign CS4 provides a platform for communications beyond print. It can make electronic documents as PDF as well as web documents as SWF.
- Find out whether your print jobs will cause problems at print shops by using the new Preflight panel.
- Learn how design can be more efficient with Text and Object Styles.
- See how InDesign CS4 can apply many artistic effects to your placed artwork, without knowledge of other applications like InDesign or Photoshop.
- Learn how to use layers to create different versions of your publications, for different languages, different markets, and more.
Total Run Time: 5.8 hrs The chapters begin with an overview of the InDesign interface including a look at the available menus and shortcuts, then examine the basics to building documents using InDesign. Highlights
- Learn how easy it is to build a document in InDesign and how much more flexible the program is than QuarkXPress.
- Discover the robust styles InDesign offers that can save you time with your document creation
- Find out how to use Adobe Bridge in tandem with InDesign to work faster
- Learn all about Snippets and Libraries
- Understand the flattening process when working with transparency effects
- Learn cool techniques to use when working with anchored objects.
Total Run Time: 16.5 hrs Total Training for Adobe® InDesign CS2 helps you advance your skills in the latest page design and publishing application. Highlights
- Discover the innovative cross-media support and control with the visibility of layers
- Automatically map the styles from Microsoft® Word files and import them in InDesign for efficient, streamlined documents
- Featuring the new lightweight snippet format, recycle and share portions of a layout with drag-n-drop ease.
Total Run Time: 6.5 hrs With Total Training for Adobe InDesign CS5 Essentials, you'll learn all the key new features that are packed into this robust design and publishing tool. Highlights
- Learn to create self-adjusting layouts using auto-fit and the gap tool
- Discover the MiniBridge to browse for, then drag and drop, images onto your layout, all from within InDesign
- See how to adjust the corners on an InDesign frame independently
- Learn to insert text and graphics into your InDesign layout
- Create text that spans or splits columns without creating new text frames
Total Run Time: 3.6 hrs InDesign CS5 is a revolutionary tool for building interactive experiences. Total Training for InDesign CS5 Interactivity will help you gain insight into the new interactive features and publishing models available with InDesign CS5. In addition, you will see how designers and developers can collaborate on interactive projects using InDesign and Flash Professional. Highlights
- Using timeline animation in inDesign
- Creating and triggering multi-state objects in InDesign
- Controlling audio and video playback in your interactive project
- Creating buttons that control other aspects of your project
- Collaborating with developers who use Flash Professional
Total Run Time: 11.5 hrs Total Training for Adobe InDesign CS6 Essentials offers a comprehensive foundation for working with this versatile desktop publishing application. This course will teach you how to efficiently design page layouts for print or screen, starting with the basics of the program and interface, then moving into more advanced topics. Highlights
- Using Guides to Help Align Page Design Elements Perfectly, and Use Align/Distribute Functions to Cheat those Alignments by Design
- Quality-Checking, Fixing and Packaging InDesign Documents
- Using Paragraph and Character Styles, Templates and Importing Functions to Speed Production and Apply Consistent Designs to Recurring Documents
- How to Quickly and Efficiently Apply the Rules of Standard Document Design, as well as How to Creatively Break them Occasionally for Design Effect
- The Basics of Creating Interactive Digital Forms with Adobe InDesign CS6
Most of the tools of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are easy to learn and understand, but there is one major exception: the Pen tool. In this course you'll become a Vector Master by following along and practicing the many exercises presented. You'll be amazed at your new skills and abilities using this comprehensive and versatile tool. More of what you will learn from this course: Five Lessons Learned: 1) You can draw horizontal or vertical straight lines with the Pen tool if you hold down Shift while creating anchor points. 2) You can combine paths into one Vector Mask in Photoshop and also choose how these paths should interact with each other. 3) The Smooth tool and the Simplify feature can greatly improve the quality of your paths in Illustrator. 4) You can align text along a path and you can also control where you want it to start and end. 5) There are several ways to draw symmetrical shapes with the Pen Tool in Illustrator, but probably the most effective is to use a guide for the center of symmetry and then duplicate and reflect half of the shape with the Reflect tool. Make sure to hold down Alt and Shift together while dragging the first half onto the other side. This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
If you want to make a living as a designer, whether working for an employer or freelancing, you'll need to know how to work with images in InDesign. With 'Essential Skills for Designers - Images in InDesign', take your skills to the next level and become an expert with images in this powerful content-publishing tool. Five Lessons Learned: 1) Pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard while creating an image or text frame can divide the frame up into a grid of columns and rows thanks to the Gridify feature. 2) The Gap tool works best if you use Auto Fit on image frames. Using these two features in combination will allow you to change images around in InDesign much more efficiently. 3) There are 3 types of feathering that you can use on images. All of them can be added as effects onto image or text frames and they can be used in combination, too. 4) InDesign doesn’t use masks, instead it has frames. You can easily crop images by adjusting their frames. When you double click on any of the image frame corner points they will quickly revert back to show all the content in them. 5) Bridge is a great application for file management, especially used together with InDesign. It not only makes placing images into your InDesign documents easier but also provides some invaluable information of your projects, that no other file management applications would be able to show. This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
Understanding type is an essential, often-overlooked component of successful graphic design. Effective visual communication relies on the combination of images and text, and in a good design, typography can be the most important part of the whole composition. In fact, it is not uncommon for an entire design to consist of the creative use of type. Length: 1.5 hrs This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
Masking, put simply, is the art of isolating an element in an image from its background. It is one of the most essential concepts in graphic design and is the foundation for working with layers non-destructively. Although simple in concept, masking can be difficult to do well--but once you understand some essential concepts, this indispensable skill will open the door to many design options. More of what you will learn from this course: 1) It is possible to use gradients in Pixel Masks for fading images out similarly to Feather effects in InDesign. 2) The best combination for selecting hair in Photoshop is Color Range with Refine Edge with the Smart Radius option enabled. 3) Masking can be used for creative compositional effects too. Try using a pixel mask on a Black and White adjustment layer and assign a stroke and drop shadow on it to create an interesting image in an image effect. 4) A good example of using clipping masks in Photoshop is when you clip an image layer onto a text layer. This way the image will be only visible inside the text. 5) There are two types of masks in Illustrator: Clipping mask and Opacity Mask. The main difference between them is that you can only create transitional or feathering effects with Opacity Masks. This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
Mastering Adobe Bridge CC starts with the basics of interface navigation and then moves on to topics such as filtering, making Collections, and using keywords. Next, you'll learn how to create a seamless workflow with Photoshop®, InDesign®, Camera Raw, and more!Length: approx. 1 hour This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
Explore Creative Cloud features with this Adobe CC 2015 Graphics & Web - What's New training course. Get acquainted with all the new and enhanced functionality in Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop CC. You'll even learn how to use CC Libraries for efficient workflow integration.
Length: 2.5 hrs
Total Run Time: 7.5 hours Learn how to navigate the interface, work with paragraph, text and character options, how to insert Photoshop, Illustrator and PDF files into your work and create and transform shapes and effects. This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
The ’Adobe CC Training’ bundle offers a vast collection of training courses covering the latest Adobe® Creative Cloud® apps, such as Photoshop®, Illustrator, After Effects®, Premiere® Pro, Dreamweaver®, Adobe XD® & more! With nearly 30 courses, you'll be sure to become an Adobe CC master upon completion.
In this Adobe InDesign CC Essentials course, you will work through real-life projects so you can acquire the necessary skills to start making beautiful documents in InDesign. Project Files included! Length: 5 hrs 39 min This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
In this Adobe® InDesign® CC Masterclass Part 1 training course, you’ll learn the basics of InDesign, how to work with frames and pages, how to format text, and how to design a layout with the drawing tools, blend modes, and more. Project Files and Assessments included!
Length: 4 hrs 25 min
With this Adobe® ’InDesign® CC Masterclass Part 2’ training course, you’ll advance your InDesign skills to the next level. Learn compositional techniques, advanced text options, long document formatting, and even how to prepare for print and online publishing. Project Files and Assessments included!
Length: 3 hrs 54 min
With InDesign CC Advanced, you’ll learn advanced features, productivity & workflow speed tricks using Adobe® InDesign® CC. This course is for people who already know and understand the fundamentals and are ready to be on their way to being InDesign gurus! Project Files included.Length: 7 hrs 4 min This title is available in the Total Training All-Access library.
With this Adobe Lightroom CC Masterclass training course, you’ll master the industry-leading photo editing and cataloging application, and take your DSLR/mobile photography to the next level. Covering both Adobe Lightroom CC and Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, you'll learn the differences between the two and how they can fit into your workflow/lifestyle.
Length: 8 hrs
Learn to create elegant desktop and mobile layouts with this InDesign CC - Getting Started training course! This is the perfect course for beginners who want to get acquainted with Adobe InDesign – the premiere page layout application used in modern desktop publishing.
Length: 2.5 hrs
Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign: Typography From A to Z is Your Typography Crash Course! Through the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, you will gain a solid foundation in the techniques used for working with type. You will also learn the theory behind typography design and its affect on user experience, digital publishing, and more!
Length: 5.75 hrs
Professional guidance on navigating a career in design!
Get ready to Begin Your Design Career with this course bundle from Total Training. Learn insider tips and advice on how to build your portfolio, gain clients, manage jobs, and more.
Total Bundle Length: 40.5 hrs
Learn key terms, rules, and techniques for creating stunning type projects!
With this Typography Essentials Bundle, you will gain a solid foundation in typography theory and techniques, as well as learn its affect on user experience, digital publishing, and more!
Total Bundle Length: 42.2 hrs