Total Training is excited to announce the release of our latest training courses, InDesign® CC Masterclass, Parts 1 and 2, presented by Adobe® Certified Expert, Martin Perhiniak.
InDesign CC Masterclass Part 1 is the perfect starting point for becoming an Adobe InDesign master! Start by getting introduced to the interface and creating your first InDesign document. Then move on to placing images and text, setting up Master pages, stylizing text, working with swatches and grids, aligning and distributing, and so much more.
InDesign CC Masterclass Part 2 picks up where the InDesign CC Masterclass Part 1 course left off – jumping right in to advanced page design and layout topics. Learn compositional techniques, advanced text options, long document formatting, and even how to prepare for print and online publishing.
Work along with master instructor Martin Perhiniak using the included project files, and by the time you’ve completed these courses, you will be an Adobe InDesign CC guru, and be ready take on any page layout and design project that comes your way.
- Tour the interface, learn navigation, and set up your first document.
- Learn how to work with image frames & text frames.
- Learn how to use Master Pages & get advanced page techniques.
- Choose unique fonts & format characters & paragraphs.
- Design your layout with the drawing tools, effects, grids & more!
- Work with Snippets, Libraries, and Templates.
- Manage long documents by adding a Table of Contents and a Book file.
- Proof & Preview for Print & create interactive documents.
- Supplemental material including quizzes & project files are included.
You will need Adobe InDesign CC to work with the included project files, but luckily you can get a 30-day free trial version downloaded from Adobe’s Creative Cloud website. For those who are already CC users, you just need to install Illustrator from the CC desktop manager. To purchase InDesign as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, visit:
3 Product-Relevant Tips & Tricks from the Instructor:
- In InDesign almost everything is created and handled within frames. Once you learn how to work with Image and Text Frames you will already feel confident in using this powerful page layout application.
- Mastering Styles in InDesign is crucial to be able to work effectively, precisely and to be generally much faster at editing and making changes to documents. You need to get confident in using Character, Paragraph, and Object Styles, and learn how they can be connected to each other to automate styling your stories and graphics.
- The basics of InDesign are relatively easy and you can start creating simple documents with it fairly quickly, but it can get complex once you start exploring the more advanced features like GREP, Data Merge, Nested Styles, Text Variables, Multi-level Lists, etc. In this course we start from the basics, but by the end you will know how to use the most advanced techniques to,o and use InDesign like a professional.
Get these courses!
These courses are available as single title purchases:
Or as part of the Total Training All-Access Library.
If you are a current All-Access subscriber, these courses are automatically added to your Library!
About the Presenter:
Martin is a Certified Adobe Design Master and Instructor. He has worked as a designer with companies like Disney, Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and DC Comics. He is currently working in London as a designer and instructor as well as providing a range of services from live online training to consultancy work to individuals worldwide. Martin’s Motto: “Do not compare yourself to your role models. Work hard and wait for the moment when others will compare them to you.”