Total Training is excited to announce the upcoming release of our latest training course, InDesign CC Masterclass Part 1, presented by Adobe Certified Expert, Martin Perhiniak.
InDesign® CC Masterclass Part 1 is the perfect starting point for becoming an Adobe InDesign master! Led by world-renowned instructor Martin Perhiniak, you’ll start by getting introduced to the interface and creating your first InDesign document. Then move on to placing images and text, setting up Master pages, stylizing text, working with swatches and grids, aligning and distributing, and so much more. By the time you’ve completed this online course, you’ll have a firm grasp on all the essential page design and layout tools InDesign has to offer.
With nearly 4.5 hours of high-quality training content, you’ll start off with the basics of InDesign, and then delve into more complex topics such as working with frames and pages, formatting text, and designing a layout with the drawing tools, blend modes, and more.
Work along with master instructor Martin Perhiniak using the included project files, and by the time you’ve completed this course, you will be on your way to becoming an Adobe InDesign CC master, and be ready to tackle the even more advanced concepts covered in InDesign Masterclass Part 2.
- Tour the interface, learn navigation, and set up your first document.
- Learn how to work with image frames & text frames.
- Learn how to use Master Pages & get advanced page techniques.
- Choose unique fonts & format characters & paragraphs.
- Design your layout with the drawing tools, effects, grids & more!
- Supplemental material including quizzes & project files are included.
You will need Adobe InDesign CC to work with the included project files, but luckily you can get a 30-day free trial version downloaded from Adobe’s Creative Cloud website. For those who are already CC users, you just need to install Illustrator from the CC desktop manager. To purchase InDesign as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, visit:
3 Product-Relevant Tips & Tricks from the Instructor:
- In InDesign almost everything is created and handled within frames. Once you learn how to work with Image and Text Frames you will already feel confident in using this powerful page layout application.
- Mastering Styles in InDesign is crucial to be able to work effectively, precisely and to be generally much faster at editing and making changes to documents. You need to get confident in using Character, Paragraph, and Object Styles, and learn how they can be connected to each other to automate styling your stories and graphics.
- The basics of InDesign are relatively easy and you can start creating simple documents with it fairly quickly, but it can get complex once you start exploring the more advanced features like GREP, Data Merge, Nested Styles, Text Variables, Multi-level Lists, etc. In this course we start from the basics, but by the end you will know how to use the most advanced techniques to,o and use InDesign like a professional.
Get this course!
This course will be available as a single title purchase or as part of the Total Training All-Access Library.
If you are a current All-Access subscriber, the course will be automatically added to your Library!
About the Presenter:
Martin is a Certified Adobe Design Master and Instructor. He has worked as a designer with companies like Disney, Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and DC Comics. He is currently working in London as a designer and instructor as well as providing a range of services from live online training to consultancy work to individuals worldwide. Martin’s Motto: “Do not compare yourself to your role models. Work hard and wait for the moment when others will compare them to you.”