What Will I Learn?
- Understand HTML – its structure, and the commonly used tags
- Utilize CSS, including inheritance, selectors, the box model – the very topics that make CSS hard to use
- Use closures, dynamic prototyping, JSON, and the Document-Object-Model with confidence
- Gain an understanding of HTML, its structure, and the tags that are commonly used
- Learn how to use CSS, its selectors, inheritance, and the box model
- Basic HTML: Folks stopped counting HTML as a language worth formally learning sometime in the 90s, but this is only partially justified. It always helps to have strong basics.
- CSS: Cascading Stylesheets are incredibly powerful, and incredibly hard to use – until you know how they really work. Once you understand inheritance and selection in CSS, it will all make a lot more sense.
- The Document-Object-Model is what ties JavasSript back to HTML and CSS. Together with JSON, the DOM ties it all together from server to skin.
Who is This Course For?
- Yep! Folks who are absolutely new to web programming, and wish to learn HTML and CSS from scratch
What are the Requirements?
- Any modern browser and a simple text editor are all that will be needed for the code examples
How can I get these courses?
- This course is available as a single title purchase.
- This courses is available as part of the Total Training All-Access Library. Subscribe now to get instant course access!
- If you are a current All-Access subscriber, this course is automatically added to your Library!
About the Presenters:
Janani Ravi, Vitthal Srinivasan, Swetha Kolalapudi, and Navdeep Singh have honed their tech expertise at Google and Flipkart. Together, they have created dozens of training courses and are excited to be sharing their content with eager students. The team believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into enjoyable, practical, and engaging courses.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
Swetha: Early Flipkart employee, IIM Ahmedabad and IIT Madras alum
Navdeep: Longtime Flipkart employee too, and IIT Guwahati alum
Sign up for the Total Training newsletter and follow us on social media to receive each course announcement!
article updated November 13, 2017